And in the blink of an eye, it’s that time of year again where everywhere you go, every one of our senses are overwhelmed with all things pumpkin. And I am NOT offended by it! In fact, I am one of those crazed people who rushes to my local grocery store and stocks up on cans of Libby’s Pumpkin Puree as soon as the first fall leaf touches ground. Clearly I am not the only one, as the first store I went to was wiped clean of any trace of this fall elixir.
A few weeks ago I stumbled across a recipe that is perfect if you ever have a little bit of pumpkin left over in a can (but who are we kidding, this is a very rare scenario). Since this recipe requires only a half cup of pumpkin per batch, it really is the perfect option to help you rid any left overs you may have.
These cookies are equal parts chewy and savory, and have just enough crunch from the graham cracker crumb coating. Another lovely fact about these scrumptious little fall treats is they require no eggs, baking powder, or baking soda. So you don’t have to worry about having any sort of rising issues (joy!). And I recommend eating these chilled, like you would actual cheesecake, and with a cup of Pumpkin Spice Latte of course!
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (Libby’s brand and not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs (for rolling the cookies)
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and line 2 sheet trays with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese, butter, and pumpkin until completely smooth.
- Add in the sugar and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add the flour, 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon. Carefully mix until it is completely mixed and smooth.
- Scoop into balls (about a tablespoon and a half, or medium cookie ) and roll in the remaining graham cracker crumbs (with the pumpkin pie spice mixed in if desired).
- Place on the tray and bake for 15 minutes. Remove and slightly press down so they are flat.
- Bake for 3 more minutes.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Let cool and store in the fridge. These are best served cold, just like regular cheesecake.