Well, it’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house! Pointsettias placed in every corner, the tree sparkling with quite possibly every Radko ornament ever made from 1996-2015, and Dean Martin crooning classic Christmas tunes in the background. This is most definitely my favorite time of the year. There’s just something about the Christmas season that easily transforms me back into a little girl, and makes me believe in magic all over again.
And boy could I really use some magic now! Preferably in the form of Santa’s Elves. Maybe he could let me borrow just one or two for all the baking that lies ahead of me this holiday season? Probably not…I’m sure he needs them more than I do. But hey, a girl can still hope, can’t she? So instead of outsourcing Santa’s handy helper’s, I’ll just tackle each batch of cookies, one at a time. First up, Triple Chocolate Pistachio cookies for my cousin’s annual Christmas gathering.
The idea for these cookies actually came from combining two of my favorites that my Godmother makes. Creamy Pistachio and Sea Salt Chocolate Chip. Both equally outstanding on their own, but truly divine when the ingredients are all mixed together. The saltiness from the chopped pistachios and the creaminess from the three different flavors of chocolate compliment each other so perfectly, its almost sinful Each bite is guaranteed to be just as packed full of flavor as the next. And what makes these cookies a repeat recipe during this season, other than their taste, is their lovely hue of Christmas green.
Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
- 1⅔ cups all purpose flour
- (1) 3.4 oz box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 3/4 milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup shelled and chopped salted pistachios
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together flour, pudding mix, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugars and butter together until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Gradually stir in dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pistachios. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes before baking.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease.
- Scoop out rounded tablespoons of cookie dough and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or just until they are set. As soon as they start to brown, they are done. (Side note, I usually pull mine out at 13 minutes and use a butter knife to quickly reshape the cookies into more perfect circles. Then place back in the oven for another 3-4 minutes. I find that this helps them not to look to flat on the edges.)
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet.
- Melt semisweet chocolate chips over a double boiler. (I find when it comes to melting chocolate, fresh is best. So make sure your bag was purchased within the last 6 months.)
- Scoop chocolate into a Ziploc bag, with a small hole cut at the corner, and pipe the chocolate onto the cookies.
- Allow chocolate to dry and enjoy.
One thought on “Triple Chocolate Pistachio Cookies”
Looks like a great way to get ready for the holidays!